We had an awesome week here at Radix during March Break but it was definitely a different vibe and we missed a bunch of you on vacay! Although the 6am remained packed all week haha I love you guys!
It was great to see so many of you this morning at the 6am and 930am! Devils Presses were so much fun LOL. I did miss my early morning rise with Mr Mike Mirski who is in St Lucia!
Today I just wanna give a shoutout and talk about one of my favourite people in the gym, this gorgeous man in the photo above Femi.
Femi is such an awesome part of our community, he’s always smiling and just a pleasure to be around and top of that the man is just jacked.
Over the last while his technique has improved so much with all the xtra work he’s been putting in.
Femi recently took the big plunge into entrepreneurship, going full time on his Plantain business Dodo Foods.
How it all started…
Femi founded dodo with the conviction that getting access to healthy and nutritious West African ethnic foods in North America shouldn’t be difficult. Growing up in Lagos Nigeria, Femi was accustomed to eating delicious plantains 3 to 4 times a week, all year round, without having to wait a day for them to get ripe enough for consumption. When he moved to Canada, sadly that was not the case.
Here are some facts and health benefits from eating plantains below :
- Plantains are a good source of potassium, which helps to regulate blood pressure and heart function.
- They are also high in dietary fiber, which can aid in digestion and weight management.
- Plantains contain antioxidants that can help to protect against cellular damage and disease.
- They are a low-fat, low-calorie food that can be a healthy alternative to other starchy foods like potatoes.
- Plantains are also a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin B-6, which are essential for maintaining a healthy immune system.
- They are also a good source of magnesium, which is important for maintaining healthy bones and muscles.
If you’re looking some healthy plantain recipes check these out here
Ive been using the ripe ones to make a Piri Piri Plantain mash that I love with my steak every week.
I think its so important to support local business and especially local business of Radix Members bringing you healthy lifestyle options!
Femi put this promo code for Radix members to give the plantains a try! I think we need to have a plantain cook off!
The promo code RADIX8 will give members a 15% discount off their entire order. This is also a direct link that can be shared and the discount will be applied at checkout automatically when people use this link: https://dodofoods.ca/discount/RADIX8
Keep up the awesome work Femi!