We live in the best Country in the World but our Winters can be harsh! With the lack of sun you NEED to be taking Vitamin D daily.
1. Vitamin D fights disease
Vitamin D can help you by
- reducing your chance of multiple sclerosis, according to a 2006 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association
- decreasing your chance of developing heart disease, according to 2008 findings published in CirculationTrusted Source
- helping to prevent getting the flu, according to 2010 research published in the American Journal of Clinical NutritionTrusted Source
2. Vitamin D reduces depression
Research has shown that vitamin D might play an important role in boosting mood and keeping depression away. In one study, scientists found that people with depression who received vitamin D supplements noticed feeling better from their symptoms.
In another study of people with fibromyalgia, researchers found vitamin D deficiency was more common in those who were also experiencing anxiety and depression.
3. Vitamin D boosts weight loss
Taking vitamin D supplements in your diet if you’re trying to lose weight or prevent heart disease is something you should try.
In one study, people taking a daily calcium and vitamin D supplement were able to lose more weight than subjects taking a placebo supplement. The scientists said the extra calcium and vitamin D had an appetite-suppressing effect.
In another study, overweight people who took a daily vitamin D supplement improved their heart disease risk markers.